AM I ELIGIBLE TO VOTE?
You are eligible to vote if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
I THINK I AM REGISTERED TO VOTE. HOW DO I CONFIRM MY REGISTRATION?
You can visit the Texas Secretary of State “Am I Registered?” website to search for your registration status. You can search by using any of the following three methods:
- Your Texas driver’s license number, if you provided it when you applied for voter registration;
- Your Voter Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter registration certificate;
- Your first and last name.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR FILLING OUT A VOTER REGISTRATION APPLICATION?
You must be at least 17 years and 10 months of age on the date you apply.
You can pick up an application at your county Voter Registrar’s office , any DHA office, or local libraries, government offices, or high schools.
Read the instructions on the form in its entirety, fill it out and mail it to the Voter Registrar in your county or drop it by the Voter Registrar’s office.
Need the address?
All voters who register to vote in Texas must provide a Texas driver’s license number or personal identification number issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety. If you don’t have such a number, simply provide the last four digits of your social security number. If you don’t have a social security number, you need to state that.
OPPORTUNITIES TO VOTE
Dallas Mayoral Race Runoff Election:
Saturday, June 8, 2019
2020 Presidential Election:
Texas primary registration date: February 2, 2020
Texas primary voting date: March 3, 2020
General election registration deadline: October 4, 2020
General election: November 3, 2020