If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please check here regularly for opportunities. We have various departments always looking for talent – from housing operations to client service roles and case manager opportunities for those in the field of social work and technical positions.
People who believe in our mission and vision and align with our core values are critical to the success of our agency, so please be sure to understand who we are, what we do and what we value before you apply.
OUR MISSION IS TO PROVIDE AFFORDABLE QUALITY HOUSING AND ACCESS TO SUPPORTIVE RESOURCES ACROSS NORTH TEXAS
We create housing solutions in healthy, inclusive communities that offer economic, educational and social growth opportunities. Our business partners and neighbors are an essential part of this mission. Our dedicated, caring team of professionals is driven to deliver on behalf of our clients and partners.
Everyone deserves a place to call home.
Communities are stronger when everyone has a chance to thrive.
Affordable housing is an important part of the solution to reduce poverty.
OUR VISION IS TO BE A CATALYST FOR POSITIVE CHANGE,
CREATING A BRIGHTER FUTURE BY:
// providing pathways for people to enhance their quality of life
// developing more inclusive, sustainable housing solutions
// energizing communities and partners to join us on our mission
take pride and responsibility
work hard to drive change
listen, care and advance
value and care for one another
communicate with full transparency
serve others with honor and respect
foster racially and economically diverse communities
BEFORE COMPLETING AN ONLINE JOB APPLICATION WITH DHA:
PLEASE HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE COMPLETING AN ONLINE JOB APPLICATION WITH DHA:
- Valid Driver’s License Number
- Current and previous employer information and salary
- Military Information (if applicable)
- Reference names and phone numbers
- High School and/or College information
- Resume (PDF)
BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU:
- Find a setting that is free from distractions.
- We encourage you to complete this application and questionnaire in one sitting.
- Please allow yourself 15-30 minutes to complete the online application. We recommend allowing additional time to complete all sections of the online application.
- In the event you have additional employment history, please make sure you click on the button that says, “add more employment history”
- Provide all the information requested on the online application form. Do not skip/omit any information. If it doesn’t apply, please indicate N/A.
- You will have the opportunity to upload your resume; however, it must be in PDF format.
- Review your application for accurate information.
- After the signature page on the online application, you will be directed to the minimum qualifications for the position. Please answer all questions that apply.
- Once you complete the application, you will receive a message at the end stating, “Thank you for applying, your session is complete, and no further action is necessary”.
DHA PROVIDES A QUALITY, COMPREHENSIVE AND COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE FOR BOTH IMMEDIATE AND LONG-TERM NEEDS.
THESE GENEROUS BENEFITS ARE REVIEWED REGULARLY TO MAINTAIN THE QUALITY SERVICE EMPLOYEES DESERVE.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability plans
- Retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness center
- Employee assistance program
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHILE APPLYING
- We perform drug and alcohol testing and criminal background checks on all individuals offered a position at Dallas Housing Authority.
- All offers of employment are conditional upon verification of information obtained as a result of DHA’s investigation and testing.
- Any misstatement or omission of a fact relevant to original appointment or nature of work assignment will result in dismissal later.
- All sections of the application must be completed. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Any request for information on the application that does not apply, the applicant should write “N/A” in that field.
- A Resume will not be substituted for completing the Employment History section on the application.
- A P.O. Box address will not be accepted for the address. The Application will not be processed without a physical street address.
- Only one (1) position can be applied for on an application.
- Answer every question.
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
DHA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all employees and applicants are treated equally without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.