Oct 2019 Business Review Meeting Notice
THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF DHA HOUSING SOLUTIONS FOR NORTH TEXAS WILL MEET IN A BUSINESS REVIEW MEETING AT THE CONFERENCE ROOM OF THE LAKELAND MANOR HOUSING DEVELOPMENT, 3105 PEAVY ROAD, DALLAS, TEXAS 75228 AT 4:00 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2019
The Commissioners may conduct a closed meeting pursuant to §551.071 of the Texas Government Code to seek the advice of its attorneys about a pending or contemplated litigation or about a settlement offer; or to consult with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of its attorney under the Texas Disciplinary Rules or Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Open Meetings Act and/or pursuant to §551.072 of the Texas Government Code to deliberate the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property, if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the Authority in negotiations with a third person and/or pursuant to §551.074 of the Texas Government Code to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or charge against any officer or employee, unless the officer or employee who is the subject of the deliberation or hearing requests a public hearing.
ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
- 1. National and State Updates
- Departmental Status Reports
- Housing Operations
- Voucher Program
- Capital Programs
- Finance and Administration
- Resolutions – Board Agenda Items for October:
- Authorization to Execute a Contract for Roofing of Building at Lakeview Townhomes.
- Authorization for Replacement of HVAC Systems at Dwelling Units at Carroll Townhomes.
- Authorization for Replacement of HVAC Systems at Dwelling Units at Monarch Townhomes.
- Authorization for the Write-Off of Uncollectible Accounts from Vacated Tenants.
- Authorization for approval of Contracts for 2020 Employee Insurance Benefits Plans and Service providers.
- Authorization for approval of a Contract for Investment Advisor Services for DHA’s Employee Retirement Plan.
- Authorization for approval of a Contract for Benefit Broker Services for DHA’s Employee Benefit Plans.
- Authorization for approval of a Contract for Legal Advisement Services for DHA’s Retirement Plan.
- Authorization for approval to update Payment Standards for Housing Choice Voucher Programs.
- Discussion of Any Other Authority/HUD Related Business.
NO ACTION WILL BE TAKEN ON ANY MATTERS PENDING BEFORE THE AGENCY.
“Pursuant to § 30.06, Penal Code, (trespass by holder license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a concealed handgun.”
“De acuerdo con la sección 30.06 del código penal (ingreso sin autorización de un titular de una licencia con una pistola oculta), una persona con licencia según el subcapítulo h, capitulo 411, código del gobierno (ley sobre licencias para portar pistolas), no puede ingresar a esta propiedad con una pistola oculta.”
“Pursuant to § 30.07, Penal Code, (trespass by holder license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a handgun that is carried openly.”
“De acuerdo con la sección 30.07 del código penal (ingreso sin autorización de un titular de una licencia con una pistola a la vista), una persona con licencia seg1un el subcapítulo h, capitulo 411, código del gobierno (ley sobre licencias para portar pistolas), no puede ingresar a esta propiedad con una pistola a la vista.”
DHA will provide services or devices that allow persons with sensory, manual, or speaking handicaps or disabilities to have an equal opportunity to participate in its programs or activities. If such services or devices are needed, DHA must be notified five (5) working days prior to the particular meeting, program or activity so that provision for such can be made. Please call the Section 504 Coordinator at the telephone number (214) 951-8348 or TTY 1-800-735-2989.
DHA will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, familial status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status.
Note: A quorum of the Board/Commission may attend this Board/Commission Sub-Committee meeting.