May 2019 Business Review Meeting Notice
The Board of Commissioners of DHA Housing Solutions for North Texas will meet in a business review meeting at The Renaissance Oaks housing development community room, 3737 Munger Ave, Dallas TX 75204 at 4:00 p.m. on Monday, May 13, 2019.
The Commissioners may conduct a closed meeting pursuant to §551.071 of the Texas Government Code to seek the advice of its attorneys about a pending or contemplated litigation or about a settlement offer; or to consult with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of its attorney under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Open Meetings Act and/or pursuant to §551.072 of the Texas Government Code to deliberate the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property, if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the Authority in negotiations with a third person and/or pursuant to §551.074 of the Texas Government Code to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or charge against any officer or employee, unless the officer or employee who is the subject of the deliberation or hearing requests a public hearing.
ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
- National and State Updates
- Departmental Status Reports
- Housing Operations
- Voucher Program
- Capital Programs
- Finance and Administration
- Resolutions – Board Agenda Items for May:
- Adoption of a New Date for the DHA Business Review Meetings and the Regular Board of Commissioners Meetings.
- Authorization to Enter into a Contract for Renovations at Lakeland Manor.
- Authorization to Write Off Uncollectible Accounts from Vacated Tenants for the Quarter Ending March 31, 2019.
- Authorization for DHA to Seek Moving to Work Designation.
- Authorization for the CEO to Enter into Contracts for Comprehensive Supportive Services for Residents at Buckeye Trail.
- Authorization for the CEO to Execute a Section 8 Project-Based Voucher ProgramPBV Agreement to Enter into Housing Assistance Payments Contract (“AHAP”) Between DHA Housing Solutions for North Texas (“DHA”) and 2400 Bryan Street, LLC.
- Authorization for a DHA-DISD Collaborative Data Sharing Agreement.
- Discussion of Any Other Authority/HUD Related Business
NO ACTION WILL BE TAKEN ON ANY MATTERS PENDING BEFORE THE AGENCY.
“Pursuant to § 30.06, Penal Code, (trespass by a license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a concealed handgun.”
“De acuerdo con la sección 30.06 del código penal (ingreso sin autorización de un titular de una licencia con una pistola oculta), una persona con licencia según el subcapítulo h, capitulo 411, código del gobierno (ley sobre licencias para portar pistolas), no puede ingresar a esta propiedad con una pistola oculta.”
“Pursuant to § 30.07, Penal Code, (trespass by a license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a handgun that is carried openly.”
“De acuerdo con la sección 30.07 del código penal (ingreso sin autorización de un titular de una licencia con una pistola a la vista), una persona con licencia seg1un el subcapítulo h, capitulo 411, código del gobierno (ley sobre licencias para portar pistolas), no puede ingresar a esta propiedad con una pistola a la vista.”
DHA will provide services or devices that allow persons with sensory, manual, or speaking handicaps or disabilities to have an equal opportunity to participate in its programs or activities. If such services or devices are needed, DHA must be notified five (5) working days prior to the particular meeting, program or activity so that provision for such can be made. Please call the Section 504 Coordinator at the telephone number (214) 951-8348 or TTY 1-800-735-2989.
DHA will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, familial status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status.
Note: A quorum of the Board/Commission may attend this Board/Commission Sub-Committee meeting.